The Rock Weekly – May 25, 2022
- Wednesday Night Service – Tonight at 6:45pm. Pastor Rae will be sharing about her trip to Ukraine.
- Pentecost Weekend – There’s a lot happening next weekend June 2-6 as we lead up to Pentecost Sunday.
– June 2 at 6:30pm, Night of Worship and Evangelism Training with Phillip Renner
– June 4 at 2:00pm, Evangelism Outreach at Boulder Courthouse on Pearl Street.
– June 4 at 5:30pm, Let Us Worship event in Boulder
– June 5 at 9:45am, Special Pentecost Service with Outreach
– June 5 at 6:00pm, Time of Testimonies and Celebration
– June 6-8, The Rock Family Fast
- Pakistan Trip. Please continue to pray for Pastor Mike, Leif Hetland, and the GMA team. Pray that the Lord move powerfully – especially at the open-air healing gathering, for the favor of God to rest on them, and for many lives to be transformed through Jesus.
- Let Us Worship. Moved to June 4th at 5pm at 7845 Lookout Rd, Longmont, CO
- Saturday Inner City Outreach – 4th Saturday of the month (this week). Contact Rae (email@example.com) for more information.
- Food Bank – No Food Distribution over Memorial Day Weekend. And beginning in June we will distribute on only 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month.
The Treasure Hidden in a Field!
“The Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure that a man discovered hidden in a field. In his excitement, he hid it again and sold everything he owned to get enough money to buy the field.”
– Matthew 13:44 NLT
I hope that this week you’ve been able to see what the Apostle Paul describes as, “the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.” (Phil 3:8) We discussed on Sunday how we have an opportunity to make the trade of a lifetime, our few possessions for an infinite treasure. Praise God that Christ, though he was rich, for our sakes became poor, so that by his poverty he could make us rich (2 Cor 8:9).
At different times in our walk with God we find Him asking us to give “everything”. And as we grow and mature we learn that “everything” is a lot more than we imagined. It seems we keep finding areas of our life that we haven’t yet given to God.
When I think about the parable of the man selling everything, I remember the joy that he had as he posted that classified ad and began his estate sale. May we be filled with the same joy to give God everything in our lives; our reputations, our ambitions, our dreams, and our control.
Please continue to pray for Pastor Mike, Leif Hetland, and the GMA team that are in Pakistan. Pray for God’s favor and protection and for the Glory of the Lord to be revealed.
I look forward to seeing you soon,
IMPORTANT SERVICE & WEEKLY INFORMATION:
YOUTH ~ BASE CAMP (6th – 12th Grade) – WEDNESDAY NIGHT – 7:00pm
Tonight is the Summer Bash! Invite a friend and come have a great time. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ember – Young Adults (Ages 18-29) – Friday Nights at 7:00pm
Meet in the Chapel for a time of worship, prayer, teaching, and connection.
Saturday Morning Food Bank Distribution
Email Lindy@therock.org if you would like to volunteer or have questions.
SUNDAY MORNING PRE-SERVICE PRAYER 8:15-9:15am – *In-Person & On-line*
ZOOM Direct Video Link:
ZOOM Meeting ID: 853 4016 4797
ZOOM Phone Option +12532158782,,85340164797#
OPPORTUNITIES TO GIVE Here are some ways you can partner with The Rock as you practice generosity – our regular tithe/giving, compassion help, missions, and our food bank. Click on the following link or graphic. www.therock.org/give
Have a Question, Need Prayer, Help, Feel Alone, or Disconnected?
Please email us at email@example.com and put QUESTION, PRAYER, NEED HELP, or CONNECT ME at the top of your email.